Sunway College was established on 25th July 1987 by its Founder, Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr. Jeffrey Cheah, AO in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. Since its establishment, Sunway College has developed locally and internationally into a highly reputable and respected institution of higher learning offering quality and excellence in education.
In the three decades and more, Sunway College has achieved several innovative and pioneering initiatives that has played an important part in contributing to the development of private higher education in Malaysia, including:
- Offering internationally recognised pre-university programmes:
- The Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) under the Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) programme in 1987;
- The Cambridge GCE A-Level programme in 1989;
- The Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) under the Canadian International Matriculation Programme (CIMP) in 1990;
- The Monash University Foundation Year (MUFY) in 1999;
- The Sunway Foundation in Arts (FIA) in 2009
- The Sunway Foundation in Science and Technology (FIST) in 2015.
- Amongst the first to establish a 22-acre purpose-built college campus in Sunway City in 1993.
- Pioneering the twinning degree programme with Victoria University, Melbourne in 1994.
- Pioneering the establishment of a foreign university branch campus in Malaysia with Monash University, Australia in 1994.
- Establishing of the Sunway Education Trust Fund in 1997.
- Achieving ISO 9001:2000 quality certification for the college library in 2003, making it a world-class library.
- Achieving the ACCA Premier Plus Status in 2003.
- Establishing the ICAEW ACA programme in 2004, the only such appointment in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Sunway’s A-Level programme accorded the Cambridge International Fellowship Centre status since 2005, in recognition of our commitment to Cambridge’s standards of academic excellence and attainment of top of the world results in examinations.
- Achieving the ACCA Platinum Status in 2007.
- The placement of Sunway College into the Jeffrey Cheah Foundation in 2010, replacing the Sunway Education Trust Fund.
In 2014/2015 Sunway College achieved the 6-star rating in the Malaysian Quality Evaluation System for Private College (myQuest) 2014/2015, placing it as a leading college with top quality standards.
Sunway College today, is owned and governed by the Jeffrey Cheah Foundation and has branches in Johor Bahru, Ipoh and Kuching.
To be the premier private College of Choice
Sunway College aims to be the College of Choice by providing highest quality education which will instil knowledge, skills, social and moral values pertinent to students’ success and the nation’s needs.
To achieve these ends, we commit ourselves to excellence, dynamism, professionalism and innovation to achieve total customer satisfaction.
Sunway College strives to be recognised for its international academic standards, services and facilities, preferred by students, parents, employees, employers and other stakeholders, and respected by local and international institutions of higher education.
Sunway College (KL), the beacon of higher education, is committed to imparting quality education to our students through efficient management practices by complying with all statutory and regulatory requirements including the requirements of our external partners.
We are committed to continual improvement of our scholastic ability and effectiveness by enhancing the awareness of quality and competency of our faculty and management staff; continually reviewing our key processes to ensure compliance to ISO 9001:2015, and respond to customers’ concerns in a timely manner.
- Promote and establish a culture of quality at all levels of the college community
- Conform to all statutory and regulatory requirements including the requirements of our external partners
- Provide a learning environment conducive for quality teaching and learning, via:
- Provision of staff development to enhance customer satisfaction
- Continuous improvement from feedbacks