The Victoria University (VU) Masters at Sunway programme offers graduates and working professionals an opportunity to enhance their career and qualification with practical and sought after masters programmes.
Victoria University, Melbourne known as “the University of Opportunity and Success”, offers world-class programmes in business, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and SAP systems. In this partnership the VU Masters at Sunway offers two Masters programmes:
We are proud to offer these programmes from a university that according to the Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2018, ranks VU’s computer science subjects top two in Victoria and ninth in Australia.
In the 2017 CEO Magazine Global Ranking, VU’s MBA was awarded a ‘Tier One” rating for excellent lecturers, small class sizes, student diversity, value-for-money and international study options. While in the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject, VU appears in the 351-400 band for Information and Computing Technology subjects.
The VU Masters at Sunway is offered with the belief shared with VU that education should be accessible, affordable and meaningful to those seeking the insight and confidence to thrive in today’s rapidly changing world of business.
Victoria University Masters at Sunway
Flexible Programme and Classes
- Classes are conducted typically on weekends to cater for working adults.
- Take 1 module at a time, in 6-week teaching blocks.
- Students are required to complete 12 modules.
- e-Library research and referencing skills workshops are conducted in Orientation.
- Additional tutorials for subjects such as Financial Analysis, Accounting for Management, Business Research Methods are arranged.
- Supervisory support for business research projects.
- Students gain hands-on experience, with assessment designed to solve real business problems through simulation or working with an industry or community partner.
Start-up Focused Curriculum
- The syllabus combines the best of the business concepts with practical skills. It is regularly revised, ensuring that students gain the necessary rigour, business discipline and innovative thinking for entrepreneurship and start-ups.
Bringing Industry into Class
- Professionals and successful entrepreneurs are purposefully invited to conduct insightful seminars and business simulation workshops to illuminate the subject topics. These workshops are usually conducted in experiential learning mode.
Expert Academics from Victoria University with Sunway Facilitators
- Experts in their field with years of industry experience, our academics will support you to succeed academically and ensure you are well prepared for examinations.
SAP (Systems Applications and Products)
- World’s largest inter-enterprise software company and the world’s fourth-largest independent software supplier.
- SAP modules are used as teaching software for applying business concepts taught in class such as enterprise resource planning, supply chain and logistics management, customer relationship management, and business analytics.
Advanced Standing (Credit Transfer)
- Postgraduate-level and professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA, ICAEW, CPA) holders may apply for advanced standing of equivalent modules (max. 6) completed in prior studies. There are NO charges for advanced standing application and credit transfer.
VU Masters Club
- Events and activities are organised by students for students. VU MASTERS CLUB is a platform for students to build/strengthen their leadership skills through social networking events and contributing to community projects.
Online Learning Resource
- You will have full access to VU’s electronic resources, as well as learning support offered by Sunway College. This includes books, e-learning materials of 85 e-databases, 87,000 e-books and 50,000 e-journals, including top business journals.
Network with the Best
- VU Masters students and alumni are part of a professional network. Students are from diverse industries such as banking and finance, consulting, technology, manufacturing, healthcare, logistics, education, retail, petroleum/energy and FMCG. There is a rich cross-cultural exposure through interactions with international students.
About Victoria University, Melbourne
Victoria University (VU), achieved university status in 1990, but its preceding institutions date back to 1916. A highly respected, multi-discipline university based in Melbourne, Australia, VU has successfully provided high quality, practical, industry-connected undergraduate and postgraduate courses, including business specialisations, to serve enterprise, industry and individuals. As an internationally focused university, it has also made significant contributions in education and research outside Australia, especially in Malaysia.
VU is a leader in work-integrated learning because it understands the importance of providing students with opportunities to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to real-world situations. Consequently, when you graduate from VU, you will possess up-to-date discipline knowledge combined with the graduate capabilities which employers demand. VU prides itself on its excellent graduate employment outcomes.
40,000 students study at VU each year, including almost 5,600 international students studying onshore in Melbourne. More than 8,800 international students undertake their VU degree offshore. VU has 2,500 staff, attractive campuses in Melbourne and Sydney, and university partnerships in many countries, including Malaysia.
In the Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2018 VU is ranked in the world’s top 2% and is positioned at 56 of the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years.