The Victoria University (VU) Masters at Sunway programme offers graduates and working professionals an opportunity to enhance their career and qualification with practical and sought after masters programmes.
Victoria University, Melbourne known as “the University of Opportunity and Success”, offers world-class programmes in business, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and SAP systems. In this partnership the VU Masters at Sunway offers two Masters programmes:
We are proud to offer these programmes from a university that according to the Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2018, ranks VU’s computer science subjects top two in Victoria and ninth in Australia.
In the 2017 CEO Magazine Global Ranking, VU’s MBA was awarded a ‘Tier One” rating for excellent lecturers, small class sizes, student diversity, value-for-money and international study options. While in the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject, VU appears in the 351-400 band for Information and Computing Technology subjects.
The VU Masters at Sunway is offered with the belief shared with VU that education should be accessible, affordable and meaningful to those seeking the insight and confidence to thrive in today’s rapidly changing world of business.
VU Postgraduate Programme
Sunway College KL
The digital economy offers unprecedented opportunities. All across the globe, governments, businesses and industries are respectful of its scale and its impact on the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The digital universe is expected to grow to 44 zettabytes or 44 trillion gigabytes by 2020, according to International Data Corporation (IDC).
IDC calls it the “Third Platform” of the digital age – a platform built upon a foundation of cloud computing, mobility, social networking, and Big Data. In short, the digital economy is a data-driven economy. As more of the world goes online, the more opportunity there is for enterprises and consumers to use data in new ways.
A closer scrutiny of today’s successful enterprises will uncover that many are increasingly leveraging on the best-of-breed hardware, software and applications to meet changing market demands with ease, agility and strategic insight. In addition to the abilities to analyse massive data and drive insights that change the ways businesses operate, these enterprises are offering new viable solutions with distinctive values to the consumer.
The e-commerce landscape is taking new shapes that will be both profound and disruptive. Simply, a “disruption” is a sudden, game-changing shift in the competitive balance of an industry resulting from an unexpected external event or from new technology, product or service, or competitor.
Since the technologies can become great business enablers, disruptive business models will be built to change the game, rewrite the rules and cause an innovator’s dilemma of doing things that others cannot easily imitate. The disruptive businesses are more likely born out of enterprises with adhocracy culture that can respond faster to the changing environment.
Inadvertently, the digital economy expects digital ready graduates. More importantly, the students ought to be emboldened entrepreneurs and risk-takers. After all, they are journeying into a constantly changing landscape. To be of any help to their future employers to become more data- and software-driven, present workers are to be technology savvy as well as business savvy.
So invest your future with us.
Victoria University Masters at Sunway
Flexible Programme and Classes
- Classes are conducted typically on weekends to cater for working adults.
- Take 1 module at a time, in 6-week teaching blocks.
- Students are required to complete 12 modules.
- e-Library research and referencing skills workshops are conducted in Orientation.
- Additional tutorials for subjects such as Financial Analysis, Accounting for Management, Business Research Methods are arranged.
- Supervisory support for business research projects.
- Students gain hands-on experience, with assessment designed to solve real business problems through simulation or working with an industry or community partner.
Start-up Focused Curriculum
- The syllabus combines the best of the business concepts with practical skills. It is regularly revised, ensuring that students gain the necessary rigour, business discipline and innovative thinking for entrepreneurship and start-ups.
Bringing Industry into Class
- Professionals and successful entrepreneurs are purposefully invited to conduct insightful seminars and business simulation workshops to illuminate the subject topics. These workshops are usually conducted in experiential learning mode.
Expert Academics from Victoria University with Sunway Facilitators
- Experts in their field with years of industry experience, our academics will support you to succeed academically and ensure you are well prepared for examinations.
SAP (Systems Applications and Products)
- World’s largest inter-enterprise software company and the world’s fourth-largest independent software supplier.
- SAP modules are used as teaching software for applying business concepts taught in class such as enterprise resource planning, supply chain and logistics management, customer relationship management, and business analytics.
Advanced Standing (Credit Transfer)
- Postgraduate-level and professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA, ICAEW, CPA) holders may apply for advanced standing of equivalent modules (max. 6) completed in prior studies. There are NO charges for advanced standing application and credit transfer.
VU Masters Club
- Events and activities are organised by students for students. VU MASTERS CLUB is a platform for students to build/strengthen their leadership skills through social networking events and contributing to community projects.
Online Learning Resource
- You will have full access to VU’s electronic resources, as well as learning support offered by Sunway College. This includes books, e-learning materials of 85 e-databases, 87,000 e-books and 50,000 e-journals, including top business journals.
Network with the Best
- VU Masters students and alumni are part of a professional network. Students are from diverse industries such as banking and finance, consulting, technology, manufacturing, healthcare, logistics, education, retail, petroleum/energy and FMCG. There is a rich cross-cultural exposure through interactions with international students.
About Victoria University, Melbourne
Victoria University (VU), achieved university status in 1990, but its preceding institutions date back to 1916. A highly respected, multi-discipline university based in Melbourne, Australia, VU has successfully provided high quality, practical, industry-connected undergraduate and postgraduate courses, including business specialisations, to serve enterprise, industry and individuals. As an internationally focused university, it has also made significant contributions in education and research outside Australia, especially in Malaysia.
VU is a leader in work-integrated learning because it understands the importance of providing students with opportunities to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to real-world situations. Consequently, when you graduate from VU, you will possess up-to-date discipline knowledge combined with the graduate capabilities which employers demand. VU prides itself on its excellent graduate employment outcomes.
40,000 students study at VU each year, including almost 5,600 international students studying onshore in Melbourne. More than 8,800 international students undertake their VU degree offshore. VU has 2,500 staff, attractive campuses in Melbourne and Sydney, and university partnerships in many countries, including Malaysia.
In the Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2018 VU is ranked in the world’s top 2% and is positioned at 56 of the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years.