Tan Sri Dr Jeffrey Cheah, AO, Founding Trustee of the Jeffrey Cheah Foundation, and Founder and Chairman of Sunway Group, firmly believes that a good education opens doors to a better life and that the opportunity for education should be equal.
It is with this in mind that the Jeffrey Cheah Foundation, which replaced the Sunway Education Trust Fund set up in 1997, was established in March 2010.
As of 2018, the Jeffrey Cheah Foundation has awarded more than RM402 million in Scholarships to thousands of deserving students in various fields of study.
Through the Jeffrey Cheah Foundation, Sunway College has continuously contributed scholarships and education funds to deserving students through the following scholarships/awards:
Scholarships available for prospective and current students at Sunway College:
- Jeffrey Cheah Entrance Scholarship
- Jeffrey Cheah Continuing Scholarship
- Jeffrey Cheah Foundation Community Scholarship
- Jeffrey Cheah Foundation Scholarship
- Sunway Sports Scholarship
- Sunway – ICAEW Global Accountant Scholarship Scheme
- Sunway Education Group – Elena Cooke Education Fund
- Sunway CIS Scholarships for UEC Students
Scholarships (Local Media)
Scholarships are offered in collaboration with the various local media organisation. Applications are to be made through the respective media organisations for the following programmes:
|Sin Chew Education Fund|
Programmes eligible for the scholarship:
|The Star Education Fund|
Programme eligible for the scholarship:
|Nanyang Tertiary Education Fund|
Programmes eligible for the scholarship:
The Community Bursary of RM1,500 is awarded exclusively to students who have completed their studies in secondary schools outside the Klang Valley. Eligible to:
Students from secondary schools in the states of:
- Negeri Sembilan
- W.P. Labuan
Students from secondary schools in the following locations of:
- Batang Berjuntai
- Batang Kali
- Bestari Jaya
- Hulu Langat
- Kuala Kubu Bharu
- Kuala Selangor
- Pulau Carey
- Puncak Alam
- Sabak Bernam
- Sungai Besar
- Sungai Buloh
- Sungai Pelek
- Tanjong Karang
- Tanjong Sepat
- Wangsa Maju
Sunway College Programmes Eligible for this Community Bursary includes:
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Communication
- Diploma in Culinary Arts
- Diploma in Events Management
- Diploma in Finance
- Diploma in Graphic & Multimedia Design
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Interior Design
Terms & Conditions of the Bursary
- This bursary is applicable for newly registered students to Sunway University / Sunway College only. (Students will have to meet the entry requirements of the programme enrolled)
- The bursary of RM1,500 will be deducted from Year 1 tuition fees over two long semesters.
- Applications are based on results obtained in SPM, O-Level or UEC examinations taken in the year 2018.
- Students applying based on forecast results will be granted the bursary on a conditional offer that the actual result must meet the minimum entry requirements. Failure to do so will result in the bursary being revoked.
- This bursary is neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash or other alternatives.
- In the event that the bursary recipient withdraws from the programme, is suspended or terminated by Sunway University at any point in time before the completion of the programme, the bursary shall automatically be terminated.
- The final decision to grant the bursary is at the sole discretion of Sunway University / Sunway College.
- All applications must be received by the stipulated deadlines. Late applicants will not be considered.
Available to Sunway College’s students who have achieved outstanding extra-curricular / results in the programme.
Jeffrey Cheah Scholastic Award
The Jeffrey Cheah Scholastic Award is awarded to students who have achieved outstanding results in their individual academic programme at the end of their course in Sunway College.
Each recipient of the award will also receive a Scholastic Award Certificate
The award is NOT open for application. It is presented to students with outstanding academic achievements at the end of the courses or academic year at Sunway College. The recipients of the award will be determined by Sunway Scholarship Committee. If no student is adjudged during the academic year, the award will be withheld. The decision of the Sunway Scholarship Committee is final.
World / National Prizewinner Awards and Top Affiliate Awards / Top Scorers Awards
Awarded to students who have achieved outstanding results in Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) / Association of Chartered Certified (ACCA) papers.
The awards are NOT open for application. These awards are presented to students with outstanding results. These awards will be in the form of % discount on tuition and exam fees (World Prizewinners) and % discount on tuition fees (National Prizewinners).
Sunway ECA & Sports Awards
This scholarship aims to recognise the outstanding involvement of students in the extra-curricular activities and to promote the importance and value of out-of-classroom involvement and experience of students for personal and leadership development.
Value: Cash award, Certificate of Recognition and Trophy
ECA Achievers Award
Step 1: Log in to student iZone
Application Deadline: 1st August 2019
All decisions made by the Sunway University Selection Panel are final.
Sibling & Parent Alumni Discount
Siblings are entitiled to RM500 discount on their tuition fee. This is a one-off deduction for new registrations (i.e. new students) only. The Sibling Discount will be awarded to the next sibling when both siblings attend Sunway University/ Sunway College (Kuala Lumpur) at the same time and tuition fees are paid in full; or if one of the siblings has completed or is still pursuing a programme of study of more than a year’s duration at Sunway University/ Sunway College (Kuala Lumpur). The Parent Alumni Discount will be awarded to the students whose parent have completed their studies with Sunway College (Kuala Lumpur) or Sunway University. Applicable to all programmes, except part-time and short courses. This discount is applicable to both Malaysian and international students.
* Terms & Conditions apply
Application Deadlines: 1 week after the commencement of courses.
- Applicants must be registered as Sunway College students.
- Not applicable to government sponsored, corporate sponsored or Language programmes students.
- The offer of discount will only be made when the Institution receives the following documented proof:
- Certified photocopies of Birth Certificates for both siblings;
- Certified photocopies of Completion Certificate, Academic Transcripts or Current Student ID Card from Sunway University/ Sunway College of a sibling.
- The discount is in the form of a tuition fee waiver. It shall not be deducted from any general, registration, application or exam fees.
- This discount is provided as a “One Time Off Deduction” for new registrants only. It will not be valid for returning, repeating or continuing students.
- The final decision to grant the discount is at the sole discretion of the Admissions Unit of Sunway College.
- This discount is valid for all Malaysians and International students.
Application form can be obtained from the Admissions & Counselling Unit.