Delivered by the Victoria Graduate School of Business (VGSB), the MBA covers a broad range of business and management disciplines to prepare you for C-Suite positions. Tailor your MBA by completing elective units in a particular business area of study.
The programme will cover all aspects of managing a business and does not assume any previous studies in business or management.
Through practical learning facilitated by leading academics, you will develop a cross-section of management, marketing and financial expertise, opening up a wealth of career opportunities locally, in Australia and overseas. With this qualification, you will progress your career toward senior management roles.
|BMO5572||Strategic Human Resource Management|
|BMO6506||Work and Organisation Systems|
|BMO6511||Strategic Management and Business Policy|
|BMO6622||Managing Innovation and Entrepreneurship|
|BMO5501||Business Ethics and Sustainability|
|BMO6624||Organisation Change Management|
|BMO6630||Business Research Methods|
|BMO6050||Art and Practice of Leadership|
|BCO6603||Enterprise Resource Planning Systems|
|BMO5574||Supply Chain and Logistics Management|
|BAO6504||Accounting for Management|
|BCO6604||Customer Relationship Management|
|BGP7730||Business Research Project|
(Selected modules are o ered each year. Students take 9 core, 2 elective and the capstone module in their master program)
- Modules are organised according to intake.
- Refer to the timetable for module start dates.
- The modules may change to satisfy new requirements of both Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA).
Learn how to solve a research problem
- approximately six weeks
- individual project
- literature review to identify a research topic • qualitative and quantitative methods
- gather and analyse information
- conclude and present results
- guidelines for report writing
Carry out a consultancy-based project
- approximately fteen weeks
- group (default) or individual project
- approved research topic
- supervised project
- guided throughout research process
- a report of 7,000 words (NOT a thesis)
- present the research and its ndings
- publish research report (optional)
- key focus: research process and methods
Blended Learning Delivery
Learning lessons are facilitated via blended learning (classroom and online) including classroom and video- captured lectures, tutorials, seminars/webinars, workshops, group work, and presentations by fellow students.
Assessment methods include written assignments, tests, presentations and final exams. Some modules are without final exams.
Designed for Executives
VU module Leader and/or Local Facilitators:
|Week 1: 15 hours|
- A degree or equivalent qualification*
- Minimum three years of full-time pofessional experience for business graduate (business, management, economics or commerce)
- Minimum five years of full-time managerial experience is required for those:
- with cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of less than 2.5
- without backgrounds in business, management, economics or commerce
- Proficiency in the English language+
* ACCA, CPA, CIMA, ICAEW, APEL, please contact us about other equivalent qualifications and advanced standing (credit transfer)
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
If you are a Malaysian citizen without a degree or equivalent quali cation, you can apply to Malaysian Quali cation Agency (MQA) for accreditation of your prior experiential learning (APEL).
Accreditation criteria of APEL (subject to change by MQA):
• Malaysian nationals
• Attained at least STPM/diploma/equivalent (e.g foundation) • Relevant work experience
• At least 30 years old
• Submission of Registration form, and Portfolio.
More details can be found at: http://www.mqa.gov.my/apel/
+ For evidence of English language pro ciency, an applicant must have completed one of the following:
- An overall IElTS score of 6.5 (academic module) with no individual band score of less than 6.0, or an approved equivalent test score speci ed in the VU English language entry requirements (see table below). The currency of the test score should be within two (2) years of the date of application to the course. Where this is not the case, admission will be at the discretion of the VU course coordinator.
If some or all of academic study were completed in English, the required English language test result may be waived for admission at Sunway College. Supporting evidence of the degree taught in the English language medium must be provided. This recognition will apply only if:International English Language Test (IELTS – Academic Module)6.5 (no band less than 6)Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFl – Internet)92 (no section score less than 22)Pearson Test of English (PTE)58-64 (no section score less than 50Cambridge English – Advanced (CAE)Grade C
- Degree qualification was delivered in Australia or in a specified English-speaking country (Canada - excluding Quebec, Fiji, Ireland, Kenya, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States America and Zambia)
- A degree from a Malaysian university/college, Sunway College and other Australian and UK twinned degrees in Malaysia
- A degree from another university, which has been delivered and assessed in the English language. The evidence of English language delivery will be approved by the VU course coordinator.
- In the case of a foreign student, he/she has satisfied the English Language Requirement for Foreign Students set by Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE).