Ten Reasons to Study in Germany
Germany is one of the world’s best study destinations. There are many good reasons why you should choose Germany to continue your higher education abroad:
- No tuition fees – In most cases, there are no tuition fees for German and international students.
- First-rate higher education system – Germany is the 4th most popular study destination worldwide.
- Top class degree recognised around the world – “Made in Germany” is recognised as an international seal of quality. A German University degree is highly respected by employers worldwide.
- Diverse range of study opportunities – Choose from about 400 Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences offering more than 19,000 different degree courses.
- High-quality teaching and research – German higher education is very hands-on and practical.
- Good career prospects – Knowledge of German increases your job opportunities with German and foreign companies in your own country and abroad. There are over 400 German companies operating in Malaysia.
- Engineering and innovation leader – Germany is the global leader in numerous high-tech fields and is one of the top three countries for international patent registration.
- Booming economy – Germany is the largest economy in Europe and a world export leader.
- Quality of life – You live in a diverse, safe country in the heart of Europe.
- Open and proactive cultural exchange – Germany is ranked in the top three countries worldwide with the largest foreign student population.
Study in Germany Programme
for Sunway College
To be taken concurrently with Sunway’s Pre-University programme:
for Sunway College
|This Programme includes:|
|Pre-University requirements recognised in Germany:|
German Higher Education System
German curricula emphasise independent studies. Students are expected to do independent research, prepare oral reports or term papers, attend lectures and small group discussions.
Most common types of higher education institutions in Germany
- Universities and Technical Universities (“TU”) emphasise theoretical research.
- Universities of Applied Sciences (“FH”) emphasise practical knowledge and maintain close relations to the industries.
Most common degree courses
- Bachelor degrees normally take 6 or 7 semesters (3 to 3.5 years) to complete. The most common Bachelor degrees in Germany are B.A. (Bachelor of Arts), B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science), and B.Eng. (Bachelor of Engineering).
- Master degrees are consecutive to a Bachelor degrees and can be earned in 2 to 4 semesters (1 to 2 years). A Master degrees is usually a specialisation relating to the Bachelor subject. A Master degree programme can be entered immediately upon completion of a Bachelor degree or following a few years of work experience.
German language requirements
- “TestDaF” or “TELC” (test of German as a foreign language).
- “DSH” (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber).
Reasons to Choose Carl Duisberg Centren
- Extensive educational counselling and personal mentoring
- Intercultural preparation
- Placement at universities across Germany
- Placement in internships at German companies
Reasons to Choose Sunway College
- Awarded Outstanding MyQuest 6-Star in College-based category, General programmes & International student services
- An integrated campus in Sunway City where user-friendly pedestrian walkways are thoughtfully connected to budget eateries, shopping and sports facilities, and healthcare amenities
- Full access to QS 5-Star rated state-of-the-art University facilities to support your studies
- A safe environment with high-technology surveillance cameras, 24-hour Security & Auxiliary Police and Security personnel accorded with full-fledged auxiliary police status
- A vibrant and active student community enjoy a busy calendar of campus events and social activities